Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation is a two-year process. Please fill out the Confirmation Registration and Diocesan Emergency Form to participate in the programs.
The First Year of Confirmation is an at home self-paced study. This study is completed through workbooks. The workbooks are to be completed by the candidate with one or both parents. The central focus of this method is to highlight the parent as the primary religious educator in a child’s life. Each workbook is designed to deepen the communication about your families faith.
- For teens in 9th grade and above
- At home series of workbooks done with parents
- Parents are the primary educators of their children
- Teens meet each other at Reconciliation and the Year End Retreat
- There is a Year One retreat
- To sign up, fill out the registration form and Diocesan permission slip and send in the $100 fee to the Parish Office
The Second Year of Confirmation for 10th grade (also 11th and 12th Graders who have not yet received the sacrament) is all about preparing the candidates to be Confirmed. At the meetings, important topics such as doubt, compassion, and community will be discussed. Year Two starts off with a retreat and Confirmation takes place in April.
- Starts off with a retreat
- There are meetings to go over important topics and help prepare candidates for the sacrament
- Choose your Sponsor for Confirmation, which is due by November
- A service project is completed in December
For additional information, please contact Parish Office